HOW TO APPLY
Westminster School seeks families who are looking to nurture and challenge their children with a high quality and time-tested educational program of exceptional breadth and depth.
If you are looking for a diverse and welcoming community where your child’s individual potential is recognized, respected, and celebrated, we have limited space available for the current school year. Please contact our admissions office for more information about current availability in a particular grade or click HERE to apply now.
Applications for the 2024-25 school year will become available starting November 1, 2023. For priority consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply by February 2024. Following this date, applications for admission are considered on a rolling basis, depending on space availability.
To explore how Westminster School’s small class sizes, daily emphasis on character development, and broad and inclusive opportunities in the arts and athletics will enhance your child’s life, we invite you to schedule a meeting or campus tour with our admissions director.
As you explore which school options are right for your family at this time, we invite you to watch these comprehensive videos that introduce you to various aspects of Westminster School’s program.
The Westminster School Admissions Process
From interest to enrollment, here is the step-by-step process for applying to Westminster School:
- It is recommended, but not required that interested parents should schedule a private tour or attend an open house to learn about our school philosophy and programs.
- Every open house includes an information session and the opportunity to speak to a panel of current staff members, students, parents, and executive board members.
To schedule your tour or register for an open house click here.
When you are ready to take the next step towards becoming a Westminster Griffin, we invite you to submit your application online.
You will be prompted to create an account in our admissions portal. Once you enter your email address, you will receive a link and a code to begin the application process. Once the application form is received someone from our admission office will contact you regarding the next steps.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact email@example.com or call (703) 256-3620.
1. Teacher Recommendation Form(s): Depending on the grade for which your child is applying, one or more teacher recommendations is required. Teacher recommendation requests are made through the admissions portal.
2. Student Records: Download this Transcript Release form (also available in the admissions portal) to request school records from your child’s current school.
3. Admission Testing: Admission testing for kindergarten – 2nd grade is conducted on campus, by appointment with the admissions office. For students applying to grades 3 – 7, four test dates are set to take place on campus during the admission season. Alternatively, applicants may submit recent SSAT or ISEE test scores.
4. Writing Sample: Applicants for grades 2-7 will provide an impromptu writing sample at the time of testing.
The parent interview provides an opportunity for parents to ask questions and learn more about Westminster. It also gives us the chance to better get to know your family. Both parents or guardians are encouraged to attend the interview, which can take place in person or on Zoom. The interview will be scheduled through the admission portal.
Applicants for grades 1 – 7 will be scheduled to attend a school day at Westminster. (When applying during the summer months, the classroom visit requirement is waived.) During the classroom visit, applicants are paired with a student in their current grade. Prospective students are encouraged to actively participate in class discussions and activities. The visit day affords candidates an opportunity to meet Westminster teachers and experience a day in the life of a Westminster student.
Year-round: School tours, testing, and classroom visits take place
October 5: Open House at Westminster School @ 9 AM
October 18: Open House on Zoom @ 4 PM
November 7: Open House at Westminster School @ 9 AM
November 1: Applications are accepted for the 2024-2025 school year
January 10: Open House at Westminster School @ 9 AM
February 2024: First round of applications are due
March 2024: First round decision notification