View the curriculum by grade level:
High-quality, in-depth curricula are in place for all subjects including language arts, math, science, social studies/history, and French. Westminster students are exposed to a greater breadth and depth of knowledge, and progress at a faster pace than their peers in public and other private schools. Students work approximately a grade level ahead in core subjects.
Participation in the arts is essential to the development of a well-rounded, fully realized individual. Students are given a strong foundation in the visual and performing arts through regular classes, arts-related field trips, an art-rich physical environment, and many opportunities to attend and perform in school music programs and dramatic productions.
To satisfy and stimulate children’s natural appetite for learning and accomplishment, Westminster presents a diverse, challenging curriculum in a warm, orderly classroom environment which emphasizes thorough mastery of subject, high standards of achievement, good study habits, and personal responsibility.
The immediate goals of the academic program are:
– Development of keenness and depth of reasoning;
– Proficiency in the content and skills of each subject area;
– Expansion of general comprehension, insight, and appreciation of learning and the achievements of civilization; and
– Stimulation of imagination and creativity.
The far-reaching goals are:
– To prepare students for intelligent and responsible citizenship;
– To inspire them to pursue further learning and to become educated, cultured people; and
– To direct them toward a life of great scope and self-fulfillment.