Tuition & Financial Aid Options
Scholarship Opportunites for 2019-2020
WESTMINSTER SCHOOL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP OFFERED TO CHILDREN/GRANDCHILDREN OF NOVA EMPLOYEES
In a spirit of collaboration with Northern Virginia Community College, Westminster School is offering a scholarship opportunity to the children and grandchildren of NOVA employees. The renewable Merit Scholarship is in the amount of $10,000 per year, and is open to students entering grades 3 – 7. The potential value of the scholarship totals $60,000. For more information please click here to download the brochure or contact Nancy Schuler at email@example.com.
- Any NOVA employee’s child or grandchild who is not currently enrolled in Westminster School and who will be entering grades 3 – 7 in fall 2019 is eligible to apply for the Merit Scholarship.
- To request general information about Westminster School, click here.
- The Westminster School / NOVA Collaboration Merit Scholarship application process is twofold, and all requirements and materials for both applications must be fully completed and submitted no later than February 15, 2019.
- Applicants must complete the application process for admission to Westminster School. Click here to apply.
- Applicants must also complete a separate application for the Westminster School / NOVA Collaboration Merit Scholarship.
- Admissions and scholarship decisions will be issued March 15, 2019.
- Students who are selected for a Merit Scholarship may also apply for additional financial aid. Applicants who are admitted to Westminster School but who are not selected for a Merit Scholarship may choose to attend Westminster School, and may apply for financial aid. Click here for information about applying for financial aid.
APPLYING FOR THE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
While many families would like their children to attend Westminster School, not all can afford the tuition. Therefore, Westminster School awards financial aid grants to newly enrolling and current students based on financial need. Some families require substantial aid while others with greater means need only a modest amount. The ability to pay the tuition should not be the determining factor in whether a child applies to Westminster School. Admission to Westminster School is based entirely on the student’s qualifications; financial aid applications are considered separately.
Parents may apply online at https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal. Westminster School’s code is 1941. All financial aid awards are based on family financial need and are completely confidential. This need is determined by the Westminster School board financial aid committee, which is guided by the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS) and the availability of funds in the financial aid budget. In addition to applying to SSS, parents should send their 2017 IRS 1040 form directly to the school, Attention: Business Manager. All financial information will be kept confidential.
SELECTION FOR THE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of multiple criteria, including: strong academic performance, exemplary citizenship in school and community, response to scholarship essay questions, and other information provided in the student’s admissions file. Scholarship applicants are encouraged to provide any additional information that helps to highlight their passions and enthusiasm for learning.
Once awarded, the Merit Scholarship is renewed annually through 8th grade, as long as the student remains in good standing in both academics and citizenship.
For further information about Westminster School and the Merit Scholarship, please contact:
Director of Admissions
703-256-3620 Ext. 17