ATTENTION: ALL STUDENTS, PARENTS, AND STAFF
Friday, March 6 - SCHOOL CLOSED
- The Parent vs. Varsity basketball games will take place on Saturday (3/07/15), beginning with the Moms’ game at 5:30 p.m., Dads’ game at 7:00 p.m.
On Monday (3/09/15):
- Wear your “spirit” attire (any top that has a Westminster / Griffin Academy logo on it; casual pants and shoes allowed as well).
- The whole-school photo will be taken.
- Pizza lunch will be served in the classrooms (at regular lunch time or after the photo shoot).
- The Pep Rally will take place at 1:00 p.m.
With the necessary closing of school on Friday, March 6, we will have exceeded our snow day limit by three days. In order to make up these three days, school will now be in session on:
- Wednesday, March 18 (previously scheduled as a Parent/Teacher Conference Day);
- Wednesday, March 25 (previously scheduled as a Parent/Teacher Conference Day);
- Monday, April 6 (previously scheduled as the last day of Spring Break).
In an effort to make contact with all parents without overwhelming the teachers and parents with numerous phone calls, the following plan will be implemented:
- Parents of students in grades K-6 will be contacted by their child's homeroom teacher.
- Parents of students in grades 7 and 8 will be contacted by their child's advisor.
The teacher making the phone call will be happy to address general concerns and will also ask if there are any other teachers from whom the parent would also like to receive a call. Teachers with specific concerns about a student may also initiate those phone calls. In order to make the best use of tomorrow's day off, the teachers may begin these calls tomorrow.
We hope that this will be the end of the winter weather and we look forward to warmer temperatures beginning next week. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we strive to deliver the curriculum and program promised to our families.